Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Alysa - Disc Priest App.

2 posters

Go down

[A] Alysa - Disc Priest App. Empty [A] Alysa - Disc Priest App.

Post by Alysa Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Questions
1. Your age: 20
2. Your location: UK, Bristol
3. Armory Link for Main Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Alysa/simple
4. MS /OS: Disc/Shadow
5. Armory Link for Alt Char: No alts on this realm
6. Link to World Of Logs parse: My last Log was in DS10Hc so it's pretty outdated due to class patch changes etc.
7. Your average latency in game: 79ms. My computer has an 8 core processor Hd radeon 7770 gfx. 8Gb ram. I run wow between 70-160 fps.
8. What prior raiding experience do you have?
6/6 MV10
5% wipe on imperial vizer Pug. Players having difficult dodging the discs.
31% wipe of Empress Guild run. We got another P2 just at the wrong moment, up until then I was on 60khps and had no mana issues.

8/8Hc DS clear @ 20% nerf
Sinestra on level
FL 7/7 on patch
BoT Hc on level
BoT BwD Totfw 12/12 on patch

Icc25 12/12 on patch (Blood DK)
Algalon on level (blood DK & hunter)
Ulduar full clear on level
Naxx full clear on patch (hunter)
9. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave? Pinnacle, I was be in the main team but on MoP release I was currently between renting houses and unfortunately I was replaced for progression. Sad but understandable.
10. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild? Trade then WowProgress. Looks like you guys have reasonable progression, friendly and laid back. My sort of place to be fair Smile.
11. Tell us about your Main Class' main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible) First of all feel free to message me ingame about gear/gems/chants or glyphs as they all depend on the encounter.

Discipline healing is all about anticipating damage. Most healing classes are outright "someone just took damage, better heal them before they take more damage", you can tell when one logs a disc alt and tries to heal. We have to mitigate the damage and absorb as much as we can with intent to keep the raid alive whilst also maintaining a reasonable level of mana. We tend not to have any big quick heals as stacking haste is more towards holy than disc.

My take on disc healing is thus: Know the encounter, know when damage is coming and how much of it. Then stack divine aegis and spirit shell accordingly. I rarely use PoM on anyone other than the tank unless they are really low and I need a heal to go off once my shield is absorbed. PwS I tend to only use on the tank too unless on mechanics like Empress where in the resonance the player can't be healed but can be shielded.

My most used spell imo is Prayer of Healing as in 10man you rarely have designated tank ONLY healers.

12. How about your offspec? I can play shadow almost as well as discipline but my gear is atrocious, it's made up of healing gear that I've replaced.
13. Our raid days are Wed,Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us? 100%
14. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally? Of course, no criticism in a raiding environment would hinder development as a player, not to mention person.
15. What is the fastest way for us to contact you? Probably ingame or by email. benny.earl@btinternet.com is my important email address, please only use it if really necessary.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Alysa
Alysa

Back to top Go down

[A] Alysa - Disc Priest App. Empty Re: [A] Alysa - Disc Priest App.

Post by Myllee Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Alysa,

Thank you for a nice app. Your application has been accepted, please whisper any officer in-game for an inv.
Welcome to the team Smile
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down