Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cocolao, Holy Priest.

3 posters

Go down

Cocolao, Holy Priest. Empty Cocolao, Holy Priest.

Post by Coco Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

1. Your age: 29

2. Your location: Egypt farao

3. Armory Link for Main Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Cocolao/simple

4. MS/OS: Holy/Shadow 506 ilvl

5. Armory Link for Alt Char:
Level 90 Holy/Shadow Priest “Kaien”:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Kaien/simple
Level 90 Boomkin/Resto Druid “Mystry”:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Mystry/simple
Level 90 Protection Warrior “Midknight”:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Midknight/simple
Level 90 Warlock “Manastorme”:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Manastorme/simple

6. Link to World Of Logs parse: None atm unfortunately.

7. Your average latency in game: 90-200ms

8. What prior raiding experience do you have?

Vanilla: I started playing WoW on my first Shaman on US Realms, but the time difference made it hard for me to have any real raiding experience, so it was mostly PvP with some occasional Zg/MC.

Burning Crusade: When BC came I got a new EU account and started my second Shaman on Quelthalas with some irl friends, starting there was really fun as shamans were new to the alliance and I could get in raiding guilds easily with my previous experience to the class, so I joined the second best guild there and cleared all starting content, however progression was horrible (2 months on Kael) so it started breaking up slowly. After that I transferred to Silvermoon and joined Unit, there I really had my best time in WoW and most experience topping charts (back when enh was just a group buffer), until “Muru killed my guild” so I decided to stop for this expansion.

Wrath of the Lich King: Wanting a break from hardcore raiding I started my third shaman on The Maelstrom and went back to horde with another bunch of friends. Problem is I really hated this expansion and that’s it. Naxx was dull and boring. EoE & OS were a one boss raids. Sadly I was fed up when the good content came (Ulduar) so I stopped for the rest of the expansion.

Cataclysm: Again moving with a third bunch of friends (lol) I started my fourth shaman on Jaedenar. Unlike most people, I really liked this xpac, my guild went clearing all normal content and first few bosses on hc, however setting up 25 mans were becoming much and much harder to maintain so eventually they went 10man, which I didn’t like at all. I really didn’t want to stop playing, but I noticed in all these years I haven’t played many classes, so I was like “Fuck it! let me try something different!” and I started leveling all characters to 85 Very Happy (well except dk), during all this one class really caught me which is the Priest and specially the Holy spec, I LOVED it.
During this time the realm was slowly dying with all guilds moving from 25 to 10 man raiding and by the time DS came my guild was up again so I decided to join them in 10mans, unfortunately due to the limitation they really needed a tank so I decided to join them with my warr, and I was the main tank during all DS, and occasionally healing with the priest on one tank fights (I really enjoyed beating their mains lol). However due to the realm being literally dead by this time we couldn’t recruit to replace people leaving so we couldn’t get past hc Blackhorn.

Pandaria: After people coming back for the new xpac we started going again in 25 man, but again fell apart, so we merged with another guild for 25 and again fell apart Very Happy and by the end of first patch the realm was dead again.
So I was sick of this realm and decided to move back to Silvermoon. So I started my priest and got him to 90 in like 3 weeks and immediately joined a guild where we cleared all normal content and 1 shotted first boss in ToT, however things didn’t go well after that.

9. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?
Vicious Circle, they have a really nice core but no active raiders, so 1 day we have 14 online and the other we have 5, so after 5 weeks we could only get 2 days trying Horridon (I had better tries with a pug really)

10. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?
Trade Chat recruitment. I want to be a part of a solid raiding guild.

11. Tell us about your Main Classe's main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible)
I know Holy came second to Disc last patch, but I believe this has changed now, I really feel Holy is one of the most fun specs to play in wow (and I’ve tried a lot) with a varying play style depending on the situation, only downside of this is I have to try the encounter many times to get used to the received dmg so I can decide when to use single target mode and when to use aoe mode.
(Dunno if that has the info you want or not coz I won’t write a guide here really Very Happy)

12. How about your offspec?
Hit rating that will last me next two expansions lol! normally I would use my VP to gear my alt spec or if I’m lucky some cloth drops that no one wants, but unfortunately my character is recently created and all VP I spend on main spec upgrades, also my guild always did old raids for gear up so there were no spares. So basically it's the same as my healing gear.

13. Our raid days are Wed,Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us?
I might miss some Thursdays but that’s it can make it all other days full time.

14. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally?
Ofc or I wouldn’t have bothered applying in a serious raiding guild.

15. What is the fastest way for us to contact you?
None if I’m not online unfortunately

Well that took some time... I really hope that I covered all your questions and please ask me if you have any more. Cya! Very Happy

Last edited by Coco on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ilvl update)

Coco

Back to top Go down

Cocolao, Holy Priest. Empty Re: Cocolao, Holy Priest.

Post by Myllee Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:17 am

Hi Cocolao and thanks for a nice app,

I gotta say, this was a funny read. All I got was "I made a trillion shamans and then started playing priest" Razz jk jk.

I'm wondering what you mean by your remark "I have to try the encounter many times to get used to the received dmg". I hope you don't mean you NEED a million wipes to do an encounter correctly (especially with all the guides out there). Obviously there's a learning curve to each encounter and with time one gets better and better, just wondring what you mean by that Smile

Question 11, basically that's where you convince us you know your class inside out.
Question 12 - we mean, how good are you in playing your OS (shadow, as I understand)? Is it viable for current content raiding?
Question 14 - we were looking for a response like "in game", "by email", "this thread" and the like (we prefer you don't post your phone number here like some people have done..).

A few more questions (some of them I added to the template now, woop):
- Do you have working headphones and a mic?
- We've been known to use several audio servers, mainly Mumble and TS. Can you listen/talk in all of them?
- What websites and tools do you use to better play your character?

That's it from me for now, anyone else who want to ask questions- feel free.
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 pm

But Myllee i need a million wipes aswell to do good !
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Arasor wrote:But Myllee i need a million wipes aswell to do good !
/gkick Razz
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm

HarHar Razz

What i guess ,and hope he means is , he tries to get as much as intell before fights to know what amound of absorbs is needed and actual heals for different abilities .

I hope u mean that Coco right :> ?
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coco Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey guys, thanks for your reply. Now let's get to your questions:

1- About the trillion shamans and priest, well basically your right but I've been playing Holy priest for 4 patches now, so I can say that I know all aspects of the class well (I'm assuming that was what you meant Wink)

2- About "I have to try the encounter many times to get used to the received dmg": Please let me explain this more, Holy priests have two stances for healing, first one increases single target healing by 25% with some single target tools, the other increases aoe healing by 25% with some aoe tools, the trick is switching between those stances has a 30 sec CD, so basically i can do a job very well but I will be behind on the other. So that's why I need some tries first in order to know which stance will suit the situation best. For example Lei Shi is a perfect fight for single target stance so I start with it, then comes the "Get Away" part where there is a lot of aoe dmg, so I switch to aoe, however this part doesn't stay for long enough and after that a protector is summoned and kills an aggro'd raid member coz I'm still in aoe stance and can't save him fast enough. So next time I take care and ignore switching. That's how I must adapt to different phases in every fight.

3- Question 11: Ok then you want a mini guide Razz

Single Target/Tank Healing: Heal/Flash Heal/Greater Heal/Holy Word: Serenity to keep Renew up on the targets.
CDs: Guardian Spirit/Void Shift
Aoe Healing: Spam Prayer of Healing to proc instant Prayer of Mending while using Prayer of Mending/Circle of Healing/Holy Word:Sanctuary on CD.
CDs: Divine Hymn which is one of the best raid healing CDs if not for the channeling part (lol Tortos)

Talents:

Tier 1: Holy/Disc/Shadow: Void Tendrils

Tier 2: Holy/Disc: Body and Soul
Shadow: Angelic Feather

Tier 3: Holy: From Darkness Comes Light
Disc: Mindbender
Shadow: From Darkness Comes Light (Movement) Solace and Insanity (Stand still)

Tier 4: Personal preference

Tier 5: Holy: Divine Insight
Disc: Power Infusion
Shadow: Power Infusion (Stand still) Divine Insight (movement)

Tier 6: Totally depends on the positioning of the raid during the encounter.

4- Question 12: Yes I can play shadow very well, but I have no gear for it. Remember that shadow is one of the specs that has a soft haste cap that increases performance by a great margin, and I can't reach that with my gazillion spirit on healing gear. So I don't consider it viable for progression raiding yet.

5- I think you meant Question 15: I have mobile internet, so yes, forums or emails will be ok.

6- Yes both.

7- I have TS, but haven't used mumble before. Getting it will not be a problem tho.

8- maxdps.com: Item upgrades
icyveins.com: dunno why I just like it lol
howtopriest.com: In-depth guides

Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks for your answer Smile

Let's chat in-game.
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:31 am

Please be online tonight, 19:30 if possible.
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coco Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Sure thing.

Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down