Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ursie-Destruction warlock

+2
Myllee
Ursi
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ursie-Destruction warlock Empty Ursie-Destruction warlock

Post by Ursi Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:52 pm

1. Your age and location:23 And from belgium
  2. Tell us something about yourself:Hi there everyone my name is wesley im 23 like you can see above and im from belgium . I have a daughter of 3 months and loving wife , im a very social guys who loves to joke but can be serious when its needed (Like in raids , then im arnold grrr ) 
  3. Armory Link for Main Char:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Ursi/simple
  4. MS/OS: Destruction main spec / affli offspec . Going for the affli spec in 5.4 since it seems like that will be the most viable spec at that moment with the multidotting etc and not loosing shards 
  5. Link to a (preferably recent) World Of Logs parse: Since i took a break for the summer i dont think i can find any reliable logs to show you guys (let me show in game !! ) 
  6. Your average latency in game: Mostly 17/20 MS 
  7. What prior raiding experience do you have? Atm i have 12/12 and 1/13HC achieved , i bin part in HC ji kun and HC Iron Qon but no kill unfortunatly since the guild i was in was struggling with Leadership etc , i took a break this summer like i pointed out before but i have nice raiding expiraince troughout Wow from TBC till now , i played various characters and found my love in warlock ever since WoTLK where i played another lock then this one (reason : got hacked and just bought new account ) 
  8. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?Just before my break i was in Decadance , the reason i took my break was cause i was the main core lock and all of a sudden they get another warlock just for reserve if i shouldent be online , That was what they told me . Thing was one raid i was gonna be late so called GM (same country) and he said np we will keep the spot open i was late for about 15 minutes and what do i see they took the other lock i made no arguement in it and just left it like that , week after that they take him again reason this time he had to be geared , after 3 weeks i was sick of it and i said i was gonna take a break if there was no spot for me in the raids anymore i got instant kicked . After a talk with the GM i got the anwser "Not my call Officer decided , your raiding is very good but being late isent an option " so i told him i called you etc and just left it with that cause WoW has more to offer then 1 guild right ? 
  9. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?Trade window had a quick chat with one of the officers i guess or a recruiter , and i looked at the progress + comments on most apps etc and i see the people in resonance are Pretty friendly and funny , while they even give critics it stays in a polite way and thats what im looking for in a guild together with a steady raid future .
  10. Tell us about your Main Classe's main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible) Well for my rotation ; Rain of fire , Imolate, Incinirate, conflagrate , CoE , and Chaos bolt are my main abilities . So i start the fight with CoE if no one else provides the buff , then Immolate , conflagrate 3x incinerate And spam Rain of fire for the ember regen i do this all together with a pot , Dark soul , and doomgaurd if its longer then 10 Min fight to get optimal burst cherry Twisted Evil  after that i go back to base rotation and use Dark soul as much as i can to pop my Chaos bolts , i only use Chaos bolts in the next occasions : 4 burning ember , Dark soul active , or major procs active to also get max damage output on those . But thats all for 5.3 now if 5.4 Hits im gonna change to Affli since that will be the best spec at that moment if i read about Maintaining hount more with the extra shards , and more damage on dots themself instead of the filler (more about that when it hits ) 
  11. How about your offspec? Not really playing it at the moment since destro gives me the best dps every fight for now 
  12. What tools and websites do you use to get the best out of your character?For sites i use every single thing out there i can find to boost my dps , i looked at things lik Noxxic , ensidia, eletistjerks etc , but like for addons pretty much zero since im not really an addon lover , i use the standart interface and things like Omen , DBM , and some minor addons stuff .
  13. Our raid days are Wed, Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us? I can offer you 100% raid attendance for those days and times wich are actually perfect for me .
  14. Do you have working __af_placement_id--[AFF-PLACEMENT-ID].html]headphones and a microphone (note that this is pretty much a requirement)? I have a turtlebeach P11 and its working fine by my needs .
  15. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally?I have the opinion that a person cant grow either in Life or a game without critics and building words , so everyone needs that for his own evalution .
  16. What is the fastest way for us to contact you?I can be contacted either in game or email at darthmaul9@hotmail.com or if you have persons from belgium just give me a call , Number can be given in a post after this if there are persons ! 
  17. If there is anything more you wanna ask just do so there isent a question i wont anwser xD ! Greetings Ursi 

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Ursie-Destruction warlock Empty Re: Ursie-Destruction warlock

Post by Ursi Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Just to add , i am 10 runestones for the cloak all due to the break , and if there are mistakes in my english i apoligize for that im not from england tbh Very Happy

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:12 am

Hi Ursi and thanks for applying,

It's a bit difficult for me to assess how good a player you are since from this app and checking your armory there is nothing at all to tell me that you've done any sort of serious raiding.
There are no WoL logs to check, no experience in previous tiers or expansions (at least on this char), very few kills in the current tier and gear that is far below the average of our raiding team.
So basically, you need to convince us that it would be a good idea to give you a shot.

Also, I'm no warlock expert but.. you're using no warlock-related addons at all? Don't you need something, at the very least, track your dots?
And why are you using a demo glyph for your afflic spec? 

M
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 am

Hi there thnx for pointing this out the demo glyph is just cause it was a demo spec before and tbh i dont play much offspecs and im just an oldskool player i check everything myself im skilled enough to know when to redot etc and dont need and addon to tell me , for the raiding expiriance i had many chars troughout wow , you can check names like Zoltie , eggtor , medusalix those where all previous chars like on medusalix that was my first lock but that account got hacked i did like 11/12 HC Icc proper timing and with eggtor i did things like BWD en BoT proper times , and with zoltie i stepped into DS HC there my guild disbanded so again no further progress i really am a skilled player that can be an atribute to your raiding team im sure of that greetings

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 am

and its a small effort to install and use an addon if needed Very Happy

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:56 am

and gear is merely a tool for me since it takes skills to take down a boss not loot ! right ?

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fejd Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 am

How do you track the power of your dots?

Please log any fight (do it in LFR if you cant do it somewhere else) and upload here. Smile

Fejd

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:52 am

Ursi wrote:and its a small effort to install and use an addon if needed Very Happy
The addon is not for us Smile we're just wondering how you keep track of your dots without an addon (saying you're "skilled enough" doesn't really tell me anything. I don't think that the average skilled raiders can track dots from memory on multiple targets).

And as Fejd said, one of the best ways to reliably know how good a player is is to check WoL logs. It can show, beyond the rotation, your target selection and how well you react to the mechanics.
At the moment, aside from your assurances that you're a strong player we have nothing to go on. It doesn't mean we think you're a bad player, we just don't have any evidence to prove otherwise Smile
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 am

About dot track any vanilla lock or spriest is used without addons so i dont rly have doubts about it

Why? Cause they had to , there werent so many addons .
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:05 am

Arasor wrote:Why? Cause they had to , there werent so many addons .
Yeah, so? Razz

There are a millions addons now that can improve your performance.

Do tell how you would keep track of multiple dots on, let's say, 3 targets. Are you gonna remember what target to renew which dot when?
That's some skill without an addon.
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 am

Yes thats fine as said they had to they had no choice tO so its obvious that some keeps without
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:08 pm

But ye as said its easier with some but ppl play better with how they are used to
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:20 pm

i have to follow ares (if im right ) i just keep track of my dots myself dont ask me how but i do its just a feeling of playing warlock for such a long time i havent always bin raiding with warlock i also did some pvp in the past and i feel like that also gives me an advantage cause i had to mass dot like in BGs and i rarely miss a dot , lets say like i dot the first by the time im at the 3th my feeling tells me get back to the first his dots are almost over . i can prove you im a skilled player and i will surely get that log then so you can see for your selfs . greetings

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Ursi wrote:i have to follow ares (if im right ) i just keep track of my dots myself dont ask me how but i do its just a feeling of playing warlock for such a long time i havent always bin raiding with warlock i also did some pvp in the past and i feel like that also gives me an advantage cause i had to mass dot like in BGs and i rarely miss a dot , lets say like i dot the first by the time im at the 3th my feeling tells me get back to the first his dots are almost over . i can prove you im a skilled player and i will surely get that log then so you can see for your selfs . greetings
Alright, fair enough. Upload a log to WoL and link it here and we'll take it from there Smile
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Same , allways when i used something with dots , or i try to keep seals on 3 targets , i allways have my first target ive put the seal on as target , when i see the seals starts ticking away , that means when i apply the first seal the others have to be applied aswell one by one , which would fit perfectly in time .

Addons are just luxus :>

And here , for Fejd and Myllee who cant stalk properly

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/go8ubwi0qkjo0q39/analyze/dd/source/?s=2711&e=2998

How i found this log ? , u go on wowheroes like    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Silvermoon/Ursi/ 

which puts latest logs

The problem is he hasnt been on many fights , no kill , only on tortos wipes , but u can look further per guild

Last edited by Arasor on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunyra Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Where did Mini go >_<

We need a stable team for 5.4 : /
Lunyra
Lunyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fejd Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Good luck track the power of your dots without auras or whatsoever.

Im asking about a addon for the POWER of your dots, not the REMAINING TIME on them.

EDIT: Nvm, got confused, thought you were affli (but well you prob need to change to affli sometimes on any fight anyway. Razz)

Im not really 100% about immolate-refreshing with better stats (i guess with UVLS atleast)

Last edited by Fejd on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fejd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:05 pm

seems like thats Not an uber log it was a pug tbh and second i can do way better for sure if im in a quallified raid group that is

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 pm

i can understand what your saying Fejd , so its a minor thing and maybe 15 minutes on dummy's to get the hang of that addon (probably less ) so if its needed i will just install and play it the proper way if you think i will do better then

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:14 pm

and in 5.4 i will be affliction so what your saying now did make sence cause i see the Edit now

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:17 pm

But for when u play affli , u will need an addon , since ur dots works the same way as my ES , which uses the stats u had when its cast , so if u ve bigger buffs u prefer reapply a dot , which will be stronger. in my opinion , and for all the u would need addons :>

Fejd my DotMentor
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursi Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm

i installed dottracker for now if you have suggestions on a better addon please tell me , i do realise my dps can only increase when using such an addon and i will do so in the future for affli , Other specs i can handle myself

Ursi

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Ask Fejd for addons , since he s a dotter aswell , i dunno
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Ursi,

I think you're missing the point of some things here. You don't need to install addons for OUR benefit. But you're applying to a guild who is vastly more progressed than you are with no real proofs of your performance.
By your own admission, using addons will probably boost your damage, so I guess the question is- why haven't you been using them so far? Especially if all it takes is 15 min on a target dummy to master (your words). Our raiders strive to excel in their respective roles, and using addons to boost your performance is a part of it. The addons are not a goal, they're just means to an end.. if you can outdps fejd I don't care if you play with 0 addons and press buttons with your nose.

M
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Im certain he uses some addons , we mainly talked about dot addons which arent useful for Destro to be serious
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next