Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Arcane mage application

3 posters

Go down

[A] Arcane mage application Empty [A] Arcane mage application

Post by Akiyuki Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:05 pm

1. Your age: 23
2. Your location: UK, west
3. Armory Link for Main Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Akiyuki/simple
4. MS/OS: Arcane/Fire
5. Armory Link for Alt Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Azunya/simple http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Hatsune/simple

6. Link to World Of Logs parse: currently don't have one, since I wasn't really prepared for it, but can provide shortly after any raid I go to.

7. Your average latency in game: 30-40

8. What prior raiding experience do you have?
I joined the game right after the opening of Ulduar, so I have Uluar, ICC, Coliseum, don't have Firelands though, but I came back to DS. In current expansion I have 6/6 normal of MV, 1/6 normal on HoF and 3/4(plus elit) on ToES.

9. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?
I'm currently in the guild "Aspects of Light", I was with them since the end of Cataclysm, but unfortunately right now the whole guild is falling appart, members rotation is really fast, there are only couple of people trying to hold it together, but because of all this I have to go pugs all the time, since we can't do anything harder than MV normal as a guild.

10. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?
Your paladin, Ares, told me about your guild today, that you are not that much of a hardcore-all-night rading, more social and friendly, but still being serious about going through content, and that's exactly what I look for in guild.

11. Tell us about your Main Classe's main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible)
Arcane was and is my favorite spec since WoTLK, even though a lot of people call it the most "faceroll" one. I'm really glad that Blizzard made the whole mage gameplay look like "choose whatever spec you're more comfortable with and you'll be ok", but from the other side I was really enjoying fire spec until Combustion got nerfed. The only problem I see as arcane, is immobility and huge dependance on stacks of Arcane Charge not being dropped, so I do feel slightly uncomfortable on bosses like Tsulong and Lei Shi, but from the other side it is very interesting for me, challenging. Basically the whole idea of arcane is to know mechanics of boss, know when you have some time to stand still and burst as much as you can, and know how not to run out of mana too much/not to loose stacks in between those burst phases. And, well, of course some nice and useful abilities like Spellsteal, Frost Nova and Counterspell are making this class/spec the very best for me personally.

12. How about your offspec?
Fire can be considered as my offspec, but I haven't respeced to it in ages. Unfortunately it got really nerfed and doesn't make much sense to play as. You have to be very careful with dots, have to hope that you'll be lucky and the Combustion that you were saving for some burst phase won't go in vain. The whole target-switching gets more difficult as well, and there are not too many advantages in this spec.

13. Our raid days are Wed,Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us?
Your raid time is perfect for me, so I won't have any problems come over in time.

14. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally?
I very do like criticism, it only allows me to get better, so I see no reason to take it personally or get offended at all.

15. What is the fastest way for us to contact you?
Just whisp me in WoW, or email me to elenore@elenore.ru.

Thanks a lot in advance for spending your time on this application.

Akiyuki

Back to top Go down

[A] Arcane mage application Empty Re: [A] Arcane mage application

Post by Myllee Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi Akiyuki and thanks for applying,

A small question about your reforging/gemming - any reason you're below the hit cap? As a MS healer with way too much spirit I admit I'm out of touch with the current hit-capping, but perhaps you can explain your choice?
Also, enchant your bracers, slackz! Razz

I'll wait for input from our more dps inclined members (Fejd, come out come out, wherever you are) that might have more questions to ask Smile

Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiyuki Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah, hit cap is my constant problem, eve though I have race +1%.. Even not I have sometimes 1 miss per boss fight, before it was worse, and if you have some major boots going on you want all of your damage to get there.

Akiyuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Akiyuki wrote:Yeah, hit cap is my constant problem, eve though I have race +1%.. Even not I have sometimes 1 miss per boss fight, before it was worse, and if you have some major boots going on you want all of your damage to get there.

So you're intentionally below the hit cap because you think other stats make up for it or are you having trouble reaching the cap (which doesn't seem possible since you can definitely reforge/gem for more hit)?
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiyuki Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 pm

I am just a little bit under cap, most of the times I don't miss at all, so I thought that it's not such a big problem and left it as it is right now. Also I checked http://www.askmrrobot.com/ website, and it said that sometimes when you are too close to hit cap, but not there yet, it's ok to leave it, because other stats will give much more.

Akiyuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Akiyuki wrote:I am just a little bit under cap, most of the times I don't miss at all, so I thought that it's not such a big problem and left it as it is right now. Also I checked http://www.askmrrobot.com/ website, and it said that sometimes when you are too close to hit cap, but not there yet, it's ok to leave it, because other stats will give much more.
I would use EJ as a reference over MrRobot, which sometimes has really bizarre recommendations. I'll let Fejd weigh in on this in any case.
If you're online tonight around 19:30 or so, perhaps we can have a chat over Mumble Smile
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Akiyuki Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 pm

19:30 server time? Sure, no problem Smile

Akiyuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:50 pm

If i see Fejd logging i can send him here :> , messaged him on FB .
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down