Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Arcane Mage application!

5 posters

Go down

[A] Arcane Mage application!  Empty [A] Arcane Mage application!

Post by medds Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:20 am

Questions
1. Your age: 26
2. Your location: South West UK
3. Armory Link for Main Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Medds/advanced
4. MS/OS: Arcane as MS, OS is kind of non-applicable. I played Fire when it was hot, and switched to Arcane for some fights, now its pretty much Arcane 100% of the time.
5. Armory Link for Alt Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Medselevan/advanced
6. Link to World Of Logs parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2wks5foiuth7gqfj/ I kind of apologies if you didn't want me to do this on the day, as perhaps you do your own or something, I can delete the report if it conflicts with your own however I hadn't has the chance to make one for a few weeks so I took the raid as an opportunity. On a side note Trícían the monk in the raid ranked 91 in the class on the Spirit Kings during that parse!
7. Your average latency in game: 30-40ms

8. What prior raiding experience do you have, and,
9. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave? I started playing WoW pretty late in to the Cataclysm expansion, and managed to clear Dragon Soul and get 3 HC kills prenerfs withing a guild called Desire. I stopped playing after only a few month's of play (3 or 4 maybe) and came back to the game just before the release of MoP, looking forward to starting at the same point as everyone, doing the same things and progressing. It took Desire about 4 weeks to get a team together after the release of MoP and from then on we were having steady progress all the way through to the Amber Shaper. The guild got 1 nights try on the Amber Shaper, which was only for an hour with a number of pugs and was a total of 7 pulls. This night was called due to 2 people having to leave and the next week a few members stopped playing WoW which in turn sparked a chain event of people leaving and from then on the guild Desire has no raid team.

10. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild? I raided with you guys just this Thursday after being pugged by yourselves, and shortly after the raid saw spams in the ingame trade chat mentioning you were looking to recruit a mage. Like mentioned above due to a number of unfortunate circumstance's the Desire raid team no longer exists and I am looking forward to joining and being part of a new team as quickly as possible. I had fun on Thrusday, everyone seemed to have a good attitude to performing well without the raiding being, it was serious when needed and not overly serious, and it was fun, the kind of environment I think people perform the best in.

11. Tell us about your Main Classes main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible) Aswell as the Mage, I have a DK, Warrior and Shaman. In my personal opinion its the not the class that is or supposed to be the difficult part to play, its the boss's and their mechanics along with team organisation. Although ofcourse there are a number of factors that can be important between making average performance and good performance. Arcane Mages dont have a particularly complicated rotation or large set of important spells/abilites. Most people couldd get average DPS from an Arcane Mage without to much problem. To boost the extra DPS from Arcane its all about cooldown and proc management, trying to ties these in together and work them around the boss mechanics. For example I would always usually prepot just before a pull. And most trinkett and other procs you have are reliable in the way that they will always usually proc with a few seconds of the fight starting. At the start of a fight im looking to have the vast majority on my procs up, along with the potion, hopefully with 6 seconds left on them by the time I reach 6 stacks of Arcane Charge, at which point I will pop my cooldowns followed by Alter Time and get an extra 6 seconds out of them, along with 6 seconds of free mana. The fight is then usually about working this burst around the mechanics and phase's.

12. How about your offspec? Like mentioned fire is not really viable as a OS or MS anymore, it was fun playing it while it was as it wasnt really viable in cata either so having the chance to was great. Its similiar to Arcane in the way that working your procs and cooldowns together will squeeze that extra dps out of you but also has the additional crit procs you were looking to work around.

13. Our raid days are Wed,Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us? 100%
14. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally? Of course, I always appreciate advice and or criticism, A group as a whole will always notice more things than you do as a individual and this shared collectively more is learned!
15. What is the fastest way for us to contact you? Here, ingame, or by email: m3dseven@gmail.com. I my email most days probably as my phone will annoy me if I dont Smile
medds
medds

Back to top Go down

[A] Arcane Mage application!  Empty Re: [A] Arcane Mage application!

Post by Lillybee Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you for applying Medds, shortly one of our officers will answer you.

Good luck Smile
Lillybee
Lillybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Medds and thanks for a lovely app Smile

- Trician is not a monk but a rogue and he's awesomez Smile
- Feel free to keep the log up. I'm just beating myself up for healing the entire raid in my dps gear. /facepalm.
- As for OS, I highly recommend being experienced in another spec, as blizz tend to tweak stuff a lot and tomorrow fire could be king again. As long as you're proficient in doing the rotation, the reforging / gemming / whatever is the easy part.
- zomg enchant your ring even if it's a pvp one (unless it's not the one you use for raiding and then I don't care) Razz
- I highly recommended working on your shieldwall rep. It goes really fast and they have some 496 goodies at revered.

Nice app as I said, I'll discuss it with the officers and get back to you asap.

Myllee
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiasan Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 am

Out of curiosity which fights do you believe arcane to be superior in and why?

Also, you say "Its (fire) similiar to Arcane in the way that working your procs and cooldowns together" How so? In which way, exactly, do you see Arcane as being a similar playstyle in any way to Fire?

(I have nothing to do with the decision making process, I'm just the nosy-ex mage Razz )

Rukiasan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 am

Rukiasan wrote:Out of curiosity which fights do you believe arcane to be superior in and why?

I'm totally out of touch with mage-ing business, but I did hear from more knowledgeable friends that Arcane is the superior mage spec atm. Missing your "1" button, ruki? Razz
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by medds Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Apologies for the monk/rogue mistake I was going by the very small icon next to the names the worldoflogs site gives, I could of sworn it was the monk logo!

Indeed the pvp ring is not what I have for raiding, I managed to acquire 3 pvp items from the mighty Sha of Anger on my long path to walking away with the tier legs from him Smile Although in all honest I do think I raided with it the other day :S

I quite experienced im playing Fire, I did so for many weeks.It is a good idea to keep it up with the spec though, you made me think to make a note to myself to perhaps do raid finder with it at least once in a while Smile Towards the beginning of Mist of Pandaria before the almighty fire nerfs, I cant say I found Arcane superior (as far as achieving dps) is concerned, however in some fights, especially ones with prolonged 'nuke the boss' phase's, like Elegon for example, where you could stay stationary for periods of time I could squeeze almost as much dps out of Arcane as Fire but this was mostly so I could get a chance at having some fun with the changes to Arcane since cata in a raid environment. Since the nerfs to Fire though, and the buff to Arcane I am finding Arcane to be better as far achieving dps is concerned.

I found them quite different play styles especially considering the extremely slow cast time to Fireball compared to Arcane Blast, a totally different feel; Fire: a few slooow casts > some instant ones > some slow ones > instant ect ect as opposed to more of a streamlined experience in Arcane and of course different rotations. But they share the some of the same cooldowns and when playing im always thinking of working the rotation and procs into cooldowns. I gave an example of this with Arcane and for one with Fire if you took the Presence of Mind talent, anytime you had your Hotsreak Proc if you used Presence of Mind you would have two instant cast Pyroblast's available to you, if at this point you used Alter Time, your 2 pyro's, took off Alter Time, you would have 2 instant pyro's again making 4. And if you used any on use intel or power proc just before this these 4 pyros would be more powerful, making for a nice combustion. So very different feels, rotations and playstyles imo but to me similar in thinking how to work the rotations into the shared cooldown's Arcane and Fire have, in this case alter time. Although I have been told Ive got a crazy brain so maybe just simliar to me! Smile

I didn't think to work on the Shieldwall rep tbh, all the pieces I have are better for Arcane than the ones available from Shieldwall but now you have made me think twice about changes that could be made in future some of the pieces they have would be better for Fire and you also mentions it goes fast, which is a good incentive so I think this is something I will start doing now.
Anyways thanks for the luck and the reply's and I look forward to hearing your decision.

Last edited by medds on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
medds
medds

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply Smile We should have an answer for you tonight.
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:10 am

Sorry for the delay, my officers are slackz Razz
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by medds Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:49 am

lol no problem at all. I just went to have a play this morning and I can't log in right now anyhows, off to play some pvp with worms!
medds
medds

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillybee Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:10 am

Yes it seems there`s a server problem, cause i cant login either. I keep getting disconnected at 80% of loading screen. Hope they fix it fast.
Lillybee
Lillybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Treo Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Medds

Thank you for a nice app. Your application has been accepted, please whisper any officer in-game for an inv.
Welcome to the team
Treo
Treo

https://www.youtube.com/user/treo8442

Back to top Go down

Post by medds Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks alot, Im happy to join the team. I pretty much gave up early on trying to log in yesterday but I am going to be logged into the game this evening so I will try to catch someone. Laughing
medds
medds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down