Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stalemate - Holy Paladin

3 posters

Go down

Stalemate - Holy Paladin Empty Stalemate - Holy Paladin

Post by Stalemate Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:57 pm

1. Your age and location: 19, Netherlands.
  2. Tell us something about yourself: An open guy, who takes raiding seriously but also likes the social aspect of the game very much.
  3. Armory Link for Main Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronze-dragonflight/Stalemate/advanced

4. MS/OS: Holy/Ret
  5. Link to a (preferably recent) World Of Logs parse: I have none.
  6. Your average latency in game: 31(home)/31(world)
  7. What prior raiding experience do you have? Firelands (7/7 when it was current), Dragon soul (8/8 HC when it was current), MV, HoF, ToeS normal clear when it was current, MV 1/6 HC.
  8. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave? Protectors of Funk, looking for more serious raiding and this guild cant offer it to me anymore.
  9. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild? Wowprogress, your guild raids about the same time as my current guild and has the amount of skill I am looking for.
  10. Tell us about your Main Classe's main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible) Shields shields shields. I use my holy radiance as my primary holy power generator alongside holy shock (which I use so consume daybreak procs with). And use the holy power I get to blanket the raid with Eternal Flame (usually 1 holy power eternal flames). I use my Holy Radiance on stacked members to get to most out of that spell (I usually cast it on melee so the tanks get the extra shielding aswell). I use my BoP to clear tank stacks if asked to do so, and my sacrifice to help out the tank in phases where I am certain that I can deal with the damage that is being transferred to me. I use my aura mastery when there will be alot of raid damage. Obviously, I keep my Beacon of Light on the people that need the most healing. (usually the 2 tanks). I use Divine protection for spells that target me specifically. I also use LoH to safe someone who is about to die.
  11. How about your offspec? Use every cooldown when possible. Always pool 5 holy power so I can keep a high uptime on 3 holy power inq. Obviously using Crusader strike, judgement and exorcism to get Holy power. Using exorcism with Art of War procs. Using Divine protection for spells that target me and Aura Mastery when there is raid damage inc. Also using LoH to safe someone who is about to die.
  12. What tools and websites do you use to get the best out of your character? Noxxic, Icy Veins and Elitist jerks for changing in paladin playstyles. Fatboss for learning fights. Mmo Champion for getting updated on changes.
  13. Our raid days are Wed, Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us? I can raid all three days.
  14. Do you have working headphones and a microphone (note that this is pretty much a requirement)? I have a working headset with a microphone, I can speak english and understand it perfectly.
  15. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally? Yes, I understand raiding is a team's effort and you won't progress unless you are working as one. I also understand that raiding is a different environment than the social aspect of the game.
  16. What is the fastest way for us to contact you? Ingame via Stalemate#2172, I am online in the afternoon and in the evenings.

Stalemate

Back to top Go down

Stalemate - Holy Paladin Empty Re: Stalemate - Holy Paladin

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 pm

We are raiding on hc ToT and mainly 2 heal do you ve the experience for it ? And my MS is ret and u don't just use abilities when they are dry but well.

And for ur healing , sorry im a noob healer can't help much on it

Last edited by Arasor on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stalemate Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 pm

I only have experience with HC Jinrohk, which we nearly killed 2. But I have done alot of heroic raiding in cataclysm, so I do have experience with it. Also, my guild's has been slacking on progress with alot of latecomings/noshows. I am willing to learn the fights and take critism when I do stuff I am not supposed to. I want to be a good raider for progression after all. Smile

Stalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 pm

hmm ok well i let the others talk to u
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:15 am

Hi Stalemate and thanks for applying,

As Ares said, we 2 heal most the fights (all the heroics we've killed so far except ji-kun) so that's something you must be prepared for.
I'm inclined to let you trial with us if you're interested, but it's a bit hard to judge your performance with no logs. 
So I have no idea if your performance is good enough for our current state of progress. And since you have to pay to migrate, it's at your own risk Smile

Another thing - been looking at your armory a bit. How teh hell are you not yet exalted with Shado-pan assualt Surprised ? Have you not been farming LFR?
And how far are you from getting the cloak?
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stalemate Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello Myllee,

2 healing heroic fights is something I am okay with, I did it alot back in Dragon Soul HC and I have 2 healed Jin'rohk HC. It is something I can handle. As for the logs, I (and with me my guild) has never used World of Logs for anything as we weren't that hard on numbers in general. I could ofcourse tell you that I am satisfied with my own preformance, but as a recruiter you shouldn't just take my word for it. My apologies.

I would love to trial with you, but it is a choice you have to support 100%. If you would like, I can set up some logs for you to check out, although I won't have them ready till tomorrow (wednesday) evening (when we will be doing HC jin'rohk).

For the shado pan assault thing, I have been out a bit during 5.2 and therefore am not exalted with them yet. I believe I am 2k off exalted with them as of now and if it is something that needs to be fixed, I'm happy to do it. My guild also skipped alot of bosses regularly to progress on the normal bosses that yet had to go down, so that also explains why my gear level isn't as high as you guys expect it from me.

As for the cloak, I need 6 more runestones and then I have finished the quest, reason for this is me being out of the game for a while.

Stalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi again,

Sure, some logs will be nice. Although.. jinrokh hc is less about the healing and more about the ability of people to dodge the damn orbs Razz so I'm not sure how much it will tell us.
Anyhow as I said, as far as I'm concerned I'm willing to give you a trial. But until we see you healing really difficult fights we won't be able to know how strong you are. Trials are always risky like that Smile
That said.. even if it doesn't work out, Silvermoon is pretty much the place to be if you're looking for a guild so I can't imagine it turning out too badly for you whatever happens.

Also - how good are you at playing your OS and what's the state of your gear for that spec?
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stalemate Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Hello again,

I will send you the logs for you to be sure. It's not about healing when dealing with Jin'rohk I agree, but it gives you some insight on the way I am using my toolkit. And if you don't know enough about holy paladins, I'm sure someone else in your guild does.

As far as ret goes, my ret gear is nowhere good enough for heroic modes. I have always been on healing duty and dont have much experience with rets in a raid environment because I have always been required to heal. I hope it's not a problem.

Stalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Stalemate wrote:Hello again,

I will send you the logs for you to be sure. It's not about healing when dealing with Jin'rohk I agree, but it gives you some insight on the way I am using my toolkit. And if you don't know enough about holy paladins, I'm sure someone else in your guild does.

As far as ret goes, my ret gear is nowhere good enough for heroic modes. I have always been on healing duty and dont have much experience with rets in a raid environment because I have always been required to heal. I hope it's not a problem.

Alright, sounds like a plan.

Having no viable OS is not a problem per se, but it's always encouraged to be able to play more than one spec.
People who can play multiple specs also get more gear and more raid spots Smile
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:34 pm

U know Myllee :> i only have that Heal and Tank Os since ur GL :> Most ppl usualy dont care about a viable Os Razz, Would be glad to have some more ofc :> Give them more motivation ! Razz
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Arasor wrote:Give them more motivation ! Razz

I try to say "or doooooom" a lot but it doesn't work Sad
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:48 pm

^^ , As she said try to work on ur Offspec ( same for everyone who s reading this ) so the GL is happy and u help the team a lot more. which helps for progression
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stalemate Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Hello guys,

Sorry for the long wait and the delay, I have been extremely busy IRL which took all of my time (and therefore couldn't give you guys more information)
I have tried to make the logs work and I know I promised them, but it just didn't work out. I tried everything I could to get it to work, but it didn't.
If this delay has affected my recruitement in any way, then I will understand that. It's not a good gesture when someone promises you something and then just dissappears for a week. My apologies.

I am still interested in joining you as a raider, and we have killed Jin'rohk HC wednesday (and I got loot!).
Ofcourse without the logs, you don't know how my preformance is in raids, and if you are willing to drop me then I will understand. I let you down when I promised I wouldn't.

Stalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi again,

We're still in need of a full-time healer. 
Although, as I said, it's sort of at your own risk kind of thing (mainly because of the fact you'd have to pay to switch servers. Otherwise a trial is a trial.. nothing is every certain). At the moment we are 2 healing all encounters (normal and heroic) and it requires some crazy brutal healing sometimes.

Plus, your gear is far below our average (which is standing on around 539 atm, if I'm not mistaken).
While I think gear will come with time, I can't be sure how skilled you are, it's something only you can say Smile
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Gear , to be serious ive healed last heroics :> im at 525 in Holy :> Ye im Ares , its still my OS
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:52 am

Arasor wrote:Ye im Ares
I think that sums it up Very Happy 
You're special Razz
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down