Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wéndí - Ret / Holy Paladin

3 posters

Go down

wéndí - Ret / Holy Paladin Empty wéndí - Ret / Holy Paladin

Post by typhoó Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 am

1. Your age: 23

2. Your location: Cambridge , United Kingdom

3. Armory Link for Main Char:

Holy spec : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/W%C3%A9nd%C3%AD/simple

Ret Spec : http://chardev.org/profile/26072-w%C3%A9nd%C3%AD.html

4. MS/OS: currently My MS would be Ret, but i would be able to play Holy aswell with a tad more gear.

5. Armory Link for Alt Char :http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Typho%C3%B3/simple

6. Link to World Of Logs parse: do not have a current WoL parse.

7. Your average latency in game: ranges from 32-50MS

8. What prior raiding experience do you have?
Raided during WoTLK starting in ICC got full clear on normal on a resto shaman and then all bosses apart from the LK on HC on a mage, once cata arrived i made progress into BWD,BOT and throne killing all but cho'gall and neth. the guild i was in disbanded soon after catas release so i didnt get much of firelands done in progress but i came back during DS and achieved a full clear on normal and HC. during MoP i was clearing MSV at current content with 5/6 in first 4 weeks. then downing 1st boss in HOF, however i had to take a break from the game (due to personal issues) only coming back a week before the release of 5.2.

9. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?
deeprun tram security was the guild i cleared ICC with and the early cata raids on Azurmyst
then cleared dragon soul and MSV with amatius on lightbringer.

10. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild? i heard about the guild from Ares in trade chat, i would like to be a part of the guild as i have a strong desire to return to progression raiding and believe that it can be achieved in a guild such as this one.

11. Tell us about your Main Classe's main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible) as a main spec Ret paladin it is my role do deal damage, however this does not restrict my ability of offer off healing ( WoG instant flash of heals and LoHs) when needed, i can also impart different uses of "Hands" on members when necessary, HoF for movement freedom, HoS for damage mitigaion from another member onto myself (and the added removal of magic now) and hand of salvation for threat control. All of these spells are situational and i am able to use them when necessary. Using my personal CDs when available is also a key aspec of a ret paladin, aura mastery and divine shield and protection can help to keep me alive aswell as my fellow raiders.

12. How about your offspec? My off spec used to be my Main spec back in cata, i was full Holy paladin and with MoP i wanted a change, however this does not hinder my ability to heal as i have always been capable.
as a healer Managing mana is key to keeping those around you alive, divine plea trinkets and Melee attacks with seal of insight, mitigating damage through HoS is also key aswell as LoHs for keeping people up who are in danger of dying.

13. Our raid days are Wed,Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us? i am able to make all these days and the times are fine too. so 100% attendance should be no problem

14. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally? some of the best advice on how to improve comes from "constructive" critism, so i do not take many things personally when it comes to this, i see it more as advice from one player to the next.

15. What is the fastest way for us to contact you? An in game whisper or Mail.

typhoó

Back to top Go down

wéndí - Ret / Holy Paladin Empty Re: wéndí - Ret / Holy Paladin

Post by Myllee Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 am

Hi Wendi and thanks for applying,
Some additional questions:
- Do you have working headphones / mic (we use TS3 for voice comm)?
- Looking at your gear, I see that you only have 2 pieces from shado-pan assault. Are you not capping vp every week? Just so you know, I require all the raiders to cap vp every reset (except on a week when they're on vacation or so and don't have the time.. that doesn't happen often Razz). Is that something you can handle?
- Same thing with LFR. You must clear ToT LFR every week (only bosses that you need loot from. Otherwise I don't care how you choose to earn your valor).

I'll let Ares, our resident pala expert to add more questions if he wants Razz
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by typhoó Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:27 am

heya myllee,

i do have a working headphone, mic and TS3 which i use often.

With the Valor capping i am getting capped on it every week, when i returned there wasnt enough time for me to get the 3K cap before 5.2 so i had like 800VPs so only been able to get this so far.
and with LFR i am doing it every week, all the bosses and using the 3 bonus roll coins as-well where needed.

typhoó

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 am

U mentioned it but im gonna ask kinda same stuff as on the other paladin , so

On ur Chardev u ve too much expertise i guess thats cause of ur gear ? i had same problems lately with new ToT stuff but nvm about that .

So Ye as Retri Paladin ur main objectiv is dealing dmg , but as u said , we are a supportive Dps .

Dont use WoG plz to help , cause it uses Holy Power ur not supposed to use that spell at least Razz

I use my Flash of Light when it gets instant on some ppl cause its a crit and heals a lot Razz

Else for Hand spells i keep them on CD kinda , ur fine with that ? keeping ur Head into dps doing the numbers u ve to , and in same time being a Support for the raid . But i mostly use Clemency as talent.

LoH is also on CD.

Devotion Aura we usualy have Rotations so ye .

Ye about Holy Spec i dont have a lot of questions .. ehm lets see , ur gear is kinda low .. well mine was low aswell on most bosses but else u seem fine , at least u seem to have more experience then i had when i started Holy i only played Vanilla/Mid TBC as Holy Pala

For ur Ret spec i would love to see it , i will talk to Fejd to give u a little test
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by typhoó Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 am

yea the expertise problem comes from my trinket giving just over 4%, i have reforged all expertise into another useful stat and this is the lowest i can get it.
For the flash of lights i mainly use them on others for the big crit/heal and on myself if it is a must! and the WoG was more of a last ditch survival effort, such as no healer in range + damage incoming, other wise it doesnt get used Smile
and yes the hands are on CDs until needed and i also use clemancy for the double use. plus i can rotate DAs when heavy magic damage is being done.

and yes my holy gear is a little low but i should be able to clear all previous ToT content with it on, so ill be gearing it up in Pugs and LFR aswell. Smile

typhoó

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down