Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krøs - Blood DeathKnight

4 posters

Go down

Krøs - Blood DeathKnight Empty Krøs - Blood DeathKnight

Post by craigX Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 am

1. Your age and location: 25, England - Derbyshire
  2. Tell us something about yourself: My name is Craig. I just turned 25 on Friday(15/11/88). Could barely remember that evening as you may of guessed but birthdays only come once a year and they have to be celebrated in style. I Live in Derbyshire, United Kingdom and I work at my local supermarket training in admin. I did my GCSE's and stayed on for a year studying Business & I.T at GNVQ level. Was a fun year if I'm honest. Outside of WoW, I'm very much a sport person and like to keep active. I play a lot of Badminton & golf and many other sports with my friends and usually have nights out on Friday or a Saturday. I have a little boy who will be 3 next April 19th. I think the world of him. He's made me the person I am today Smile

3. Armory Link for Main Char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Kr%C3%B8s/advanced - http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Ragnaros/kr%C3%B8s/
  4. MS/OS: Blood/Frost(although I don't really have a great amount of DPS gear as I've never really had to change from Tanking to DPS)
  5. Link to a (preferably recent) World Of Logs parse: I have 3 logs and these are my latest ones that I have been logged since I was raiding: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vn7oet6q82s7cb5k/details/3/?s=274&e=614 (Siegecrafter) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vn7oet6q82s7cb5k/details/3/?s=4359&e=4960 (Paragons) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vn7oet6q82s7cb5k/details/3/?s=7121&e=7221 (Garrosh)
  6. Your average latency in game: Usually have about 30-40 MS in game & World. I sustain around 40-60 FPS in game too even during heavy raid environments.
  7. What prior raiding experience do you have? I didn't really start raiding until the end of Wrath. So I guess my thorough raiding experience started in Cataclysm. A bit sad because my brother told me raiding in Vanilla & TBC were really good. I started off playing as warlock throughout the whole expansion of Cataclysm never really using any alts as I didn't really have any geared enough. Plus the raid setup we had pretty much was covered so it was rare that changes need to be made within the current guild roster. When our Main Tank left to join his close friends on another server it gave me the opportunity to start Tanking. I had a Death knight but it was Frost and wasn't relatively geared enough for me to use in raids. But since a Tank spot was announced I started to gear it up and the gear itself came really quickly as most of the plate gear was given to me because we had a Druid off-tank. I've been Tanking since Dragon Soul arrived and still to this day I hope that I can continue to Tank Smile here is some of the progression that I managed to complete.

Cataclysm:
    Blackwing Descent - 3/6 Heroic
    Bastion of Twilight - 1/4 Heroic
    Throne of the Four Winds - 2/2 Normal
    Firelands - 6/7 Heroic
    Dragon Soul - 8/8 Heroic

Mists of Pandaria:
    Mogu'shan Vaults - 6/6 Heroic (Ahead of the curve 5.3)
    Heart of Fear - 3/6 Heroic
    Terrace of Endless Spring - 4/4 Normal
    Throne of Thunder - 10/13 Heroic
    Siege of Orgrimmar - 5/14 Heroic
  8. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave? My previous Guild was Daoine Sidhe. I have been in this guild for the last 4 years nearly ever since my brother got me playing WoW. I've seen people come and go in this guild and has been home to me for a long period of time. I've met so many people in this guild and got along with almost everyone that was a part of it. The guild is full of a friendly environment with different laughter everyday. Even though the atmosphere varied from day to day the guild always had it's ups and downs and even rough patches during some months but we have always stuck together and carried each other as one. It's sad for me to say that it's slowly broke apart, But even good things have to come to an end.

After getting the GM rank of the guild since most of the officers moved guilds & had real life issues I felt like running a guild was not something my hands could cope with. It was my first time being GM and I have never ran a guild before. It was a lot to take on and since I was the only one left in charge it all came down and I just couldn't find which way to go with it all. So over the last few days/weeks almost I have been looking to find my feet elsewhere in search for a new start. Even though we raided 2 days a week the raids slowly started to dim as people didn't show up because they had real life things going on. It came to some raids where we had to pug a few people in order to make a raid happen which isn't really a good sign. We also lost a few people over the last few weeks/months denting our morale and meaning we had to recruit people to replace the ones that had left. With so many guilds recruiting right now it is hard to pick up the required people you need to fulfill what you had lost. It just became a dieing battle of survival for the guild.
  9. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild? I was searching for a guild which allowed me to carry on playing the class I like and you guys have the opportunity for me to do so. After looking on various servers I found your guild on WoWprogress and further more you guys were looking for a plate Tank. I would like to join Resonance because you guys raid almost similar to what I used to. You guys also raid 3 days a week which my previous guild couldn't even suggest because people couldn't make the schedule so it's nice you guys can offer 3 days a week to me. Hopefully you guys can allow me to continue Tanking in the future as it is something I like to do and it's the class I really feel comfortable with. I've been playing Horde for nearly 4 years now and I know changing to Alliance would seem a pretty small change but in my eyes I think it would be a huge change for me. It would be nice for me to get to know the whole alliance side of things for once. I think the most important thing for me is changing guilds and meeting new people and making new friends. It would be nice to be able to bond with some if not everyone within the guild. To be able to make a new home for myself on another server let alone a new guild would be a great achievement for me personally.
  10. Tell us about your Main Class's main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible) At the moment I am 2150 over the exp cap mainly due to given gear that the Off-Tank didn't need but in addition was an upgrade for me as it was better than my current item. This has happened a few times and now I'm left with a lot of exp. Will be glad to get some items that I can substitute for the ones current. I'm trying to lose the excess that I've got. I've reforged all the items I can to try and lower my exp. Again with my trinkets being both stamina. I coined one of them and was an upgrade for me at the time since I had a Throne of Thunder trinket and the second was given to me because the other tank didn't want it so of course I used it being a heroic trinket. Throughout the whole Throne of Thunder I used mastery trinkets to better my blood shield. On top of all that I prioritize mastery/stamina again mainly down to the blood shield that the Death Knight uses. Stamina mainly for a bigger blood shield and being able to absorb a lot more damage.  As for Glyphs & Talents, I mainly change depending on what fight it is. Some talents I will probably keep during all fights i.e Purgatory. Absolutely love this talent. It's such a life saver in my opinion. Same with Death Pact + Vamparic blood as well. I'm always switching around glyphs/talents as I said to try and give the raid/myself a better advantage during boss encounters.  My professions are Mining/Jewelcrafting. In my previous guild I used to mine ghost iron and prospect it into gems and then cut the gems for the guild. Even now I still continue to gather ghost iron and continue to prospect and make gems for the future. So I guess you can guarantee some more Gem making in the future Smile

11. How about your Off-Spec? My Off-Spec isn't so much greatly geared as my Main-Spec as I have always been tanking for my guild. I guess if you guys needed me to change to my Off-Spec, I would need to collect some more up-to-date gear to make it a viable spec to use.
  12. What tools and websites do you use to get the best out of your character? Patch notes first & if not foremost. Who doesn't these days? I think if you ask every WoW player they would say that they always read patch notes especially when the class you play is about to have a change or two. You know your affected by this change so it feels compulsory to check out what is going to be changed. Patch notes are good. They make you aware of what is about to be changed around your current class and therefore makes yourself prepared for that change. I always look on Icyveins/Mr.Robot/elitestJerks for any guides or tips for my class in hope that I can improve my game-play.
  13. Our raid days are Wed, Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us? Yes. We raided on Thursday and Sunday the same as you guys. We pushed really hard to try and get 3 raid days but not everyone could make the third raid day. My dad looks after my son on some Wednesday evenings so it won't be a problem for some Wednesdays but some weeks he works late shift at work so I would have to look after him meaning I won't be able to raid. I will always post in advance when I know which Wednesdays it will be.  I hope it isn't a problem though. Apart from that I can offer you 100% on Thursday & Sunday Smile 
  14. Do you have working headphones and a microphone (note that this is pretty much a requirement)?  Yes I have. We used vent for in my previous for raids so it is no problem Smile 
  15. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally?  I believe I should be criticized the way everyone should be, We all make mistakes and we learn from them mistakes. When I have done something wrong I listen to everything that has to be said and take it on board to try and fix the problem as best as possible. 
  16. What is the fastest way for us to contact you?  Email - XXXXXXXX RealID - krosion#2278

Last edited by craigX on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : email removed)

craigX

Back to top Go down

Krøs - Blood DeathKnight Empty Re: Krøs - Blood DeathKnight

Post by Arasor Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:26 am

HeyHey , Gearwise and experience wise u seem fine to me,  Logs seemt alright , well i dont know much about Deathknights but seemt ok Razz

I loved the explanation u gave about ur bday Razz:P  and idd.

The attendance , it would i guess be a problem but well about that i let our GL talk about Razz

For Headphones and microphone ,  ive a question : Do u also talk ? cause it may be of a benefit if u do

Else i let the others take part of the discussion .
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:42 am

Hi Kros and thank you for applying,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to make such a detailed application :)you truly made a good first impression.

Some questions:
- How often do you think you won't be around on Wednesdays (20%? 50%? etc..)?

- Assuming we help you gear your OS up, how good are you in using it in progress fights (trying to find out if you're a strong dps who is atm only hindered by gear, or if you don't have much practice playing the spec)?

- What are your plans for WoD (I'm aware it's very VERY early to ask, but might as well)?

- As Ares asked, do you actually talk on TS (we don't require people to tell their life story or anything, but we want them to be able to say things like "taunt" or "dispel me" or the like. It's doubly important for a tank)?

M
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by craigX Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Yes I do talk especially being a Tank. It's kinda compulsory to me to be honest and something I've got used to since playing the Tank role. And yeah my microphone is working fine as I've always used Vent in the past in my previous guild. You guys use TS then? I actually prefer TS to vent cos of the PTT noise lol. I've not really looked into WoD in such depth yet. I guess time will tell with what I want to do. I'd still very much like to play the expansion of course so don't count me out of WoW by all means  Very Happy  As of my Off-Spec, It was originally my main spec but I soon changed it as I didn't really get the hang of it. Yes it has been some time since playing frost(although I do have a pvp frost spec) but I guess it wouldn't be that hard for me to read up rotations etc. But yeah if it's geared of course I will definitely read up on it so it can be used whenever. I like being flexible Cool  umm for the Wednesday issue, I'm not sure how often my dad's shift pattern changes. They got rid of some people at his work so he sometimes covers. It's sort of like one week he may do early shifts & the next week do late shifts. Something like that. I could easily make 2 Wednesdays (maybe 3) a month. But never less that 2 unless something dramatic happens lol. Are you guys planning to stay 10man? or you decided to do mythic raiding?

craigX

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi again and thanks for the reply Smile

Some news from our end - we just accepted a melee dps / tank trial. As we don't have a spot for more than one at the moment, I would rather see how this trial pan out first (I wouldn't want to ask you to change faction and server for a spot that may or may not exist anymore). So at the moment I will unfortunately have to decline :/ However, if anything changes I will contact you, and if you're still interested we can talk.

We do plan to recruit more people for mythic raiding in WoD, although we're going to try to clear the current content first. So if you're looking for a guild for WoD, we would be happy to give you a whirl Wink

Thanks again,

M
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by craigX Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:02 pm

It's great you guys found someone to hopefully add to your roster. Sadly it wasn't me this time Razz  but yeah I will definitely be around still when you guys are open to recruit for WoD. I'm still on WoW now and then doing things so if you want to add my realID then feel free. Feel free to chat as well whether it's now or in the future. But I will most likely be playing WoD so if you have any spaces available I will gladly transfer over. I would like to try alliance but haven't really found the opportunity to do so yet.

craigX

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Well, if you're lonely on your server you can join us as a social until we have the time to give you a proper trial (which might not be until the end of the tier). But I wouldn't spend all that money for transferring just for that Razz. Feel free to create an alt on Silvermoon if you just want to hang out.

Btw- I edited your original post to remove the email address (I always encourage people not to post details like that on a public forum).
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by craigX Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Hmm yeah that could be an option Razz do you guys get any queues near raid time? I know Ragnaros started to get queues few months back and with Silvermoon having 16k people I would imagine it's somewhat similar.

craigX

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:31 pm

craigX wrote:Hmm yeah that could be an option Razz do you guys get any queues near raid time? I know Ragnaros started to get queues few months back and with Silvermoon having 16k people I would imagine it's somewhat similar.
mmyeah.. the downside of being on a populated servers. Queues can be an hour long at the peak hours.
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kaosh Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:58 pm

I must admit I really like your application Craig, honest and to the point. I hope you can find the guild you can call home, if it's us or somewhere else Wink.

Server queues are meh indeed; it means logging in at 19:15 server time max to ensure we can start on time. The plus side is however that there are plenty of pugs going on (although some have ridiculous requirements as well).

kaosh

Back to top Go down

Post by craigX Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:56 am

Thanks Very Happy Yeah like I was saying, I will stick it out if you guys are going to recruit for WoD so I will probably join you guys sometime in the future. Since I'm not raiding that much at the moment I'm kind of taking little break whilst I try to find a new guild. But however I am still logging on from day to day. Obviously I will be much more active again when I'm back raiding Smile

craigX

Back to top Go down

Post by craigX Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:30 pm

If You guys are still looking for a warlock, I could gear it up as it was originally my main character before I started Tanking. It's 524 Ilvl currently so will need to catch up on gear  Razz just thought I'd make a suggestion, Let me know so I can start gathering some gear for it

craigX

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 am

Hi again Kros,

You can do so if you wish, but keep in mind that it won't be of any use until you catch up in gear (which could take a while, depending on rng).
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by craigX Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Yeah that is true  Smile

craigX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content