Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asprah - Guardian

3 posters

Go down

Asprah - Guardian Empty Asprah - Guardian

Post by Asprah Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Your age and location:
20/21 Not sure - UK

Armory Link for Main Char:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Asprah/simple

MS: Guardian OS: Feral

Link to a (preferably recent) World Of Logs parse
N/A can be obtained if required.

Your average latency in game?
23 home 23 world

What prior raiding experience do you have?
Raided everything vanilla, BC, WOTLK on a Prot Warrior and then stopped for 80% of Cataclysm.
Was in a top 200 guild during BC and competed for server firsts during ICC.
Currently experienced 5/12 in ToT as a tank.
Learning a fight is easy, playing it out is fine if everyone else knows what to do.
Learning a new fight as a raid will require me an attempt or two to figure out whats going on and what we should be doing.

What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?
Was in Aftermath when they were top 200 (currently like 240 or something) left because I don't live in the US and I couldn't raid.
During Wrath I was GM of a guild called Asgard on the Oceanic server (after moving from US) which is currently disbanded but ran for a while after I left pre-Cata I think.
Currently living in the UK while going to Uni so looking for a guild.

Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?
Lillyanà trade chat.
Mainly just to raid and see the content and experience the challenge.

Tell us about your main class main spec?
Only been a Guardian Druid at max level MoP for a week but I specialize in rage tanks as I have levelled and played every tank class in a raiding environment.
After trying both the active and passive mitigation routes for my gear I really prefer the active route. It plays smoother, I do more damage and I mitigate more damage when I want to which usually overall leads to me taking less damage.
How do you play it?
Make sure I am tanking everything I need to be tanking.
Make sure I am using cooldowns at the right time.
Simple stuff however with the build I have chosen I actually output decent damage and I can choose when I want to deal damage or when I want to take less damage or heal myself.

How about your offspec?
Feral DPS offspec that I have never had to use.
Dont really know how to cat dps yet but can be learnt very quickly.
Seems like a simple bleed management system while maintaining buffs and using cooldowns at the correct times.
Tricky part is I think I have to use a heal somewhere in between using the instant proc talent that allows me to use it in cat form with another talent to get extra dps. I will just have to research it and practice on a dummy for an hour or two.

What tools and websites do you use to get the best out of your character?
Whatever I need to when I need to.
I cannot really answer this question.

Our raid days are Wed, Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us?
I can attend any and all raids at any time with 12 hours prior notice.

Do you have working headphones and a microphone (note that this is pretty much a requirement)?
Yeah.

Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally?
Sure. Are you?
In a raid if the GM, officer or trial makes a mistake it is no difference to me.
An example would be when the GM is usually the Main Tank and I die and he doesn't taunt the boss I am tanking causing 2 other raid members die just to have me res and taunt it back for a "wipe it".

What is the fastest way for us to contact you?
In game for now or just respond to this thread.

Think I got everything
Asprah

Asprah

Back to top Go down

Asprah - Guardian Empty Re: Asprah - Guardian

Post by Arasor Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm

About ur experience in ToT how can we check it ? on ur armory says ur at 1/12

And Lilly thought ur 496 but ur 491 , maybe u didnt log yet , but then do so we have the prooves .

For more information , i dont know much about Druids , and i will let our GL answer to this ( she wishes i could handle that alone maybe but mehh i know only Pala !)
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Asprah Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 pm

About ur experience in ToT how can we check it ? on ur armory says ur at 1/12

There would be no way to check it.
I was just saying I have experienced attempts on all four of those bosses and I know how they work.
The closest you could come to actually checking would be asking me a series of questions on vent or TS so I could respond quickly.

And Lilly thought ur 496 but ur 491 , maybe u didnt log yet , but then do so we have the prooves .

Nah I am equipped 491 but I could put on 493 gear which isn't as good as my 491.
New tier comes out tomorrow so hopefully I can get some loot but otherwise I would need to rush ToT LFR and get my heroic MSV/ToT/ToES done quickly next reset (which is really easy with openraid.eu).
I have only had one week and managed to get 491ilevel so I would say I gear up quite quickly.
Currently capped by how much rep I can get per day with the damn Lotus before unlocking Valor items with the Shado-Pan.

Tanking normal MSV/ToT without experiencing any of the fights and not having any wipes or people notice is what I call a difficulty buff.
edit - MSV last boss when It took me an alarming amount of time to take the boss to the stairs was the only time.

Asprah

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:03 am

Hi Asprah and thanks for applying,

I'll be honest here- your skills aside, at the moment I'm concerned about the size of our roster.
I'm not really sure why we're still spamming trade with recruitment messages (cut that out please, guys Razz unless you want to be benched more often) since we have 13-14 active players at the moment, mostly with very high attendance.
I'm hesitant to add more unless one or more of our trials fail their trial, which might open a spot.

So I'm afraid at the moment I can't offer you a trial spot, based solely on the roster size issues. However, if things change we will contact you and should you be still interested we can talk further.

Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asprah Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Fair enough

Ill see you around

Asprah

Asprah

Back to top Go down