Resonance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mage application

5 posters

Go down

Mage application Empty Mage application

Post by frostedflake Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:37 pm

1. Your age and location: 18, Sweden

2. Tell us something about yourself: Currently studying in school, mostly play WoW or Battlefield on my freetime. Smile

3. Armory Link for Main Char:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Frostedflake/advanced

4. MS/OS: My current MS is Frost but I change between specs a lot.

5. Link to a (preferably recent) World Of Logs parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6augbitje7656jg4/

6. Your average latency in game: 45

7. What prior raiding experience do you have? Been raiding a lot since BC, done all raids at their current time except BT, Sunwell, Ulduar, DS, but most of my old experience is as a resto druid, but I changed to my mage a while ago, and I have been defeating a few heroic bosses in all the raids where it was available, but I haven't made a full HC clear in any raid yet, but yeah, I haven't really been raiding that hardcore yet.

8. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave? Lots of them which I cant remember, in early MoP I was in Resolve and we did all bosses except sha of fear and a few HC bosses, we didnt have time for more before we disbanded, and I'm currently in Trilogy but I wan't to leave because they aren't capable of doing more than 11/12 and I want to do heroic raiding.

9. Where did you hear about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild? I was looking through some of Silvermoons guilds that was in need of a mage and I found yours, and it looks like a great guild so I wanted to apply. Smile

10. Tell us about your Main Classe's main spec? How do you play it? (Feel free to be as detailed as possible) I'm playing a Frost mage atm, and the way I play it is that I try to fit in as much time as possible to cast Frostbolt so I don't lose damage, while I still focus a lot of staying out of things, I change my glyphs and talents depending on which is best on which boss and I stack cooldowns to max my damage. I'm not gonna write down the whole rotation / spell prio because that's just a basic frost mage rotation. 

11. How about your offspec? as Fire/Arcane i pretty much do the same but with a different rotation / spell prio..

12. What tools and websites do you use to get the best out of your character?

13. Our raid days are Wed, Thurs 20:00-23:00 and Sun 19:00-23:00 game time - what kind of attendance are you able to offer us? I will be able to come every day, 99% of the time.

14. Do you have working headphones and a microphone (note that this is pretty much a requirement)? Yes, I have a working headphone and microphone, I'm currently using Steelseries Siberia V2

15. Are you able to accept (sometimes harsh) criticism during progress without taking it personally? I love constructive criticism, that's what makes players good.

16. What is the fastest way for us to contact you? I will be checking this thread regularly, and I'm online on WoW on either Frostedflake or Ismenos a lot between 18:00 and 24:00.

And just adding here, that I have a great computer and steady connection, so disconnecting or something crashing/lagging is very rare for me. Smile
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Mage application Empty Re: Mage application

Post by Arasor Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:50 pm

HeyHey , i checked the loggs , the dps part seems okish for ur gear , but well u would be behind us still , and ur low geared ( Myllee would say)

And u dont bring a lot of experience either

But well i let Fejd take care of this :> he knows all that stuff better :>
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Ares said pretty much exactly what I was gonna say Razz
Let's see what Fejd thinks Smile
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedflake Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Yeah I currently keep 170k dps+ on pretty much every fight, I'm not sure what you guys do, but I think I will be able to get gear quite quick, and the new patch is coming soon aswell Very Happy, getting 600 ilvl cloak in 2-3 runes... I have a lot of experience in normal raids atleast, maybe not so much in heroic... But tbf heroic is just a new mechanic, more dmg and more health on most bosses, and I would list myself as a quick learner... But yeah lets see what Fejd thinks haha Wink
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Fejd Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Abit low on dmg on kinda, every fight as far as i could see comparing gear with Simcraft vs bosses.

And the usual difference between normal is like the difference between LFR and normal with bad gear. Yeah, its usually easy mechanic-wise but it still means that you cant fail (including dpsing wrong target on wrong time for example) on one thing if youre not overgeared. 

Would like to try out but, that probably means that you need to prove yourself that you are better player (performance, numbers, attendance etc) than others. Razz

Fejd

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:17 am

Well, we're not exactly desperate for dps atm (when everybody stop being on vacations and things we have a nice solid group) so I'd only recruit people that can keep up with our current raiders.

Frosted, how are you doing with tactics atm? Do you know tacts for ToT heroics?
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunyra Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 am

We got 13 people after Summer Holidays, sure you can manage 14?
Lunyra
Lunyra

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 am

We have a total of 12 in the roster atm.
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasor Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:07 am

Yep but also if u check , we have  8 DPS in that Roster , 2Healers  2 Tanks , so we usualy we have a choice , since usualy we go 6 dps , sometimes 5 dps in raids , thats 3/2 ppl avaible to sit , 2Healers 2 tanks they are consistent so its obvious we wont sit them , dunno , at u to decide .
Arasor
Arasor

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedflake Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 am

Yes I know the tactics for the heroic raid bosses, and I don't mind sitting out on a few bosses
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedflake Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:44 am

And I don't think I do low damage for my gear, according to SimCraft my dps should be ~157k, but yeah, I guess that is really low compared to you guys, because gear is scaling so much now
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Fejd Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:09 pm

frostedflake wrote:And I don't think I do low damage for my gear, according to SimCraft my dps should be ~157k, but yeah, I guess that is really low compared to you guys, because gear is scaling so much now
210k in a raid. ~160k selfbuffed.

And tbh, you are only supposed to do 4k dps less than me on a singletarget-fight aka Patchwerk (buff spriest, wtb 5.4 today).

Fejd

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedflake Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Hmm... Yeah I don't know, I haven't seen a mage with the same gear as I have that does more damage than I, atleast not 210k+ for the whole fight... I usually do 250-300k burst, then anything between 165k-190k for the rest of the fight depending on procs and all...
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedflake Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:43 pm

If you want to, I could play a raidfinder or something with you guys so you can compare, maybe not the best solution but it might help :p
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedflake Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Might even do more than 170k+ now, haven't had a really good try in a while and i've changed my gear quite a bit since the last time, and I will be getting my 600 cloak in 2 runestones which will improve my dps even further, and I will get 533.8 item level with it, which is a huge increase.
*edit Yeah i should be able to make more than 170k with buffs, so if you want to see my dps or something just tell me
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedflake Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Hey, I don't wanna rush you guys, but I kinda want to know before tonight, so have you talked about my application yet?
frostedflake
frostedflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Myllee Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:43 pm

I tried to poke you in-game, you didn't answer
Myllee
Myllee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content